Popular Posts

Friday, December 30, 2011

“Rising India”



Do you know that the world is flat? You all might be thinking he’s gone mad. Columbus discovered that the world is round, and from our geography class, we remember that the world is round. Even the globe kept on my table is round. Manish has gone crazy.

I read a book “The world is flat” in my second quarter which discusses about the developing countries and their role in the world economy. After reading the book I was very excited to see the role of India in the total change process. I wanted to write on it from the very first day when I finished the book but wanted to feel it before writing and few days ago I came up with a conclusion Yes “THE WORLD IS FLAT”.

Last weekend I came back to India, I had 3 connecting flights one from Chicago to Paris and Paris to Bahrain and at the end Bahrain to India. While I was in Paris, I thought of going out for couple of hours and see scenic Paris. So, I decided to go out and see the city but as I did not had visa I was not allowed to go out. So, I decided to go sit at the airport and peep through glass and see how Paris looks. I could see skyscrapers all over. After looking for couple of minutes, I saw 3 beautiful girls were walking towards me; I was excited they came near me and said something in Spanish “Hola, como estas?” I only knew this in Spanish as I had a Spanish friend in management school. I said “Hola” I don’t know Spanish, please speak in English. So, we all started talking and after conversing for 10-15 minutes, they told me that they going to India to Mumbai. They work with an Indian company which takes international I.T projects. I was excited and wanted to know more as it was a proud moment for an Indian whose country was a developing country and people from developed country are working with an Indian company. So, I decided to sit next to them in our next flight to Bahrain.

I was sitting next to them and all the 4 of us were enjoying our time. Our flight from Paris to Bahrain was of approx. 5 hours. We talked for more than 3 hours and after our chitchat, I could say only one thing “India is rising”. The youth of our country has potential to make our country a developed within few years. They were tired and wanted to sleep but I was too but wanted to talk as it was soothing for my ears. So, I covered my face with blanket and slept with a smile on face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment