Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

THE REAL GURU


The real Guru
Do you also dream? If yes, what, and do you have any plans to make it a reality? I dreamed a lot, sometimes I dreamed of starting my own business, creating a social networking site like Facebook or sometime opening a chain of a coffee shops like Starbucks, but then they were shattered like every time, when they came to reality. I had dreams but had no guidance, how to make my dreams come true.
I needed guidance from someone who can make me comfortable as a friend, have the knowledge of a teacher and love and care as a parent. Someone, who could show me the right path and help me in building my career, and opening new horizons of life, I dither in sharing my thoughts with everyone, so was always confused who’s the best person to share? But dreams are dreams until they are worked on. So, I needed to start from somewhere. Do not know where but needed a start. All these things were in my mind from the very beginning, but curiosity to work on them started taking shape when I completed my five years of law school from India in 2008.
As other lawyers, I also started going to the courts and started my own practice. This profession will give me all leisure’s of life in future, but still was not satisfied. I did not know what I was searching? I decided to discuss it. Now, the question was whom should I talk to - my best friend or to my father? I thought of talking to my best friend because I believed that my father will discourage me, as I was earning well through advocacy, and will have to start everything from the very scratch. So, I went to my best friend’s place, we both went for a ride on my motorbike. We both went to CafĂ© Coffee Day (Indian Starbucks). We sat and while sipping our coffees, he asked me “I can smell that you want to talk something important”. I said “No- I just wanted to come out”. I do not know why I could not share it with my best friend. Then, he started telling me story about his trip to Mumbai (Metro cities of India). After half a hour, I dropped him and came back home.
I thought may be god wanted me to share it with the right person and he is not the right one. I decided will talk to my father about my confusion/dilemma. While we both were having dinner and my mom was serving us, I with a stammering voice “Dad, I do not want to practice- want to do some business”. My dad looked at me “what did you say- come again”. I do not know from where I got that much confidence that I said again “I want to do my own business”. “Ok- So, you want to become Ambani” (richest businessperson of India). I did not utter a single word, finished dinner and started moving towards my room. My father finished and went to the living room and called me with his thick voice “Manish come here, I want to talk to you”. I thought Oh god I made the biggest mistake today by telling him, now he will give me a kill me by giving lectures. Before I could say anything he said “you can do whatever you want but be firm on your decision whatever you want” and you know rolling stone gathers none.
I sat near him and he said softly “you are fairly mature to take your own decisions but if you really want to do business, you should understand what business is all about? What are the factors which influence a business? I do not have any problem but if you want to do business you will have to do MBA first. You will learn a lot about business. Study for one or two years and after that if you want to do business you can do or if you want to come back into practice you can even come back into practice. I could see a real Guru in him. Who showed me the right path and said whenever you are confused in taking decision, just think about its affect and you and your surroundings. Do not take decisions which make you regret later. Then we both went into our rooms and slept. While I was on bed I thought parents are our real guru’s because they know us more than we. Our decisions should be based on our future and our family’s happiness. Now, before taking any decision I think about its pros and cons and its affect on me and my family. “Thank you father-My real Guru”

No comments:

Post a Comment